Mission and Goal:
The CMCP Ambassadors Council (CMCPAC) supports the mission and work of CMCP, and expands CMCP’s reach and effectiveness, via the active engagement of its members. The primary goal of the CMCPAC is to
- Expand CMCP’s reach in all its locations by having local leaders who represent CMCP.
- Enhance Ambassadors’ leadership skills, primarily through their active involvement in the Council and as CMCP representatives in their local communities.
- Create a strong peer group, or support system, that will be available throughout the Ambassadors’ careers.
All Ambassadors must meet the following requirements
- A minimum of four years of law practice, including practice as an in-house lawyer, as an outside counsel, or as a judicial law clerk.
- Law firm non-partner or in-house non-manager at the time elected as an Ambassador.
- A demonstrated record of promoting diversity in the legal profession.
- A demonstrated record of interest and commitment to CMCP as a primary diversity organization.
- Outside counsel must practice in a CMCP-member law firm.
- Ambassador terms are 3 years, beginning in April at the annual CMCPAC in-person meeting.
Application Timing and Form:
- All applicants for the CMCPAC must submit a completed, signed CMCP Application during the Application Period, which runs from the week of the CMCP Conference in October through the first week of January each year.
- The Application Period for 2017 is from October 17, 2016 to January 6, 2017.
- Applicants will be notified of their appointment status by early March of each year.
- Click here for the CMCP Ambassadors Council Application Form. Applications must be submitted to CMCP at email@example.com.